Join our Team – Relief Dog Handler – Essex & Kent
We are looking for flexible, reliable Individuals who can work on their own initiative and be part of a team. Our Relief Officers are the face of Ward Security and therefore if you have an SIA license, are passionate about security and safety and have strong communication and customer service skills, then please read on for our current Relief Officer opportunities.
What is the role?
Relief Dog Handler – Frontline SIA required – no applications will be considered unless you hold a valid SIA License. All roles are subject vetting to a 5 year checkable history.
Where is it based?
What is the Package?
£9.38 – £12.00 per hour
Fully equipped company vehicle, with all vehicle expenses paid is provided.
All training is provided free of charge. Also that the dog, dog food, vet care and equipment are all provided.
Uniform, SIA Licensing savings scheme, 5.6 weeks annual leave, Cycle to Work salary sacrifice Scheme, Pension and Life Assurance
Working in partnership with Perkbox offering all employees a range of benefits ranging from retailer discounts, cinema tickets, wellness and gym membership and many other fantastic benefits for you to enjoy. *available after 6 months service
Various – Days, nights & weekends.
Who we are:
Ward Security provides a security services solutions to all UK businesses. Security services include: CCTV security systems, property management, guard dog security, key holding services, security guard patrol services, response alarm systems and more.
With over 800 employees operating nationally we seek the best talent to uphold our vision to be the most trusted Security Partner in the UK.
Ward Security recruit, train and reward the very best staff, complemented by the latest technology and communications to ensure the highest levels of security and Client service.
Sounds like the role for me, how do I apply?
We will need your current CV and you can upload this on your online application form and send this to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference.
Read about us @ www.ward-security.co.uk
What is the main purpose of the role?
The purpose of this job is to protect the clients’ business interests by the provision of a security presence in addressing issues dealing with fire, damage, theft and health and safety issues.
- complying with procedures, arrangements and instructions
- remaining aware that their own acts and omissions can have an impact on the environment and taking all reasonable measures to prevent or minimise any such impact
- promoting and maintaining high standards of housekeeping
- Access Control
- Incident reports and Daily occurrence logs
- Visitor logs/vehicle logs/ key register
To follow and adhere to Ward Security Limited Compliance Procedures and Company Operating Procedures.
- Be actively involved in the operational duties of the company ensuring that you are able to provide a comprehensive account of the actions taken by yourself and others at all times, always acting in a safe and professional manner.
- Under the direction of the Operations Director assist with the efficient and effective deployment of the resources available for the operation of the Company’s function.
- To ensure that the welfare of your dog is paramount at all times, all necessary grooming, feeding, vet nary care, socialisation and other requirements of a professional Security Dog Handler are adhered to during work hours as well as when off duty.
- To be responsible at all times for your dog and all associated behaviour/needs. Ensure that his/her behaviour is one of a professionally trained working dog, under no circumstance should behaviour such as intimidation, aggression etc. towards others be tolerated unless in strict accordance with your instructions.
- To provide regular patrols within defined areas an as effective deterrent in the protection of the client’s property and assets.
- To respond to requests for reactive ad-hoc patrols and/or security presence as and when required to do so by control, another officer or authorised person.
- Undertake assessments as part of a designated team, identify security compromises (actual or potential) and raise awareness amongst all Security Officers offering advice and guidance where appropriate.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate systems, including procedures and standards, to ensure production of appropriate reports relating to Company incidents, and other ad hoc reports as required by the Senior Management Team.
- Assist when required, the Operations Director in the development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures ensuring regularisation of internal systems related to security to produce a holistic and standardised approach.
- Advise the Operations Director on security related issues as required, ensuring interdepartmental interfacing where appropriate.
- Ensure that staff and where deemed necessary clients of the Company assist the Health & Safety Officer to ensure compliance with policies and regulations adhere to Health & Safety policies and regulations.
- To identify suspicious persons and actions and report such circumstances.
- Liase with the appropriate staff as necessary to ensure the effective use of Company resources to achieve its mission, to ensure the smooth and effective running of the company.
- Participate in the continuation of specialist training, enabling yourself as well as other key members of staff to be conversant with the required standards.
What experience and skills do I need?
- Able to read and write coherent sentences to construct a legible report.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly with people at all levels projecting a confident and professional manner.
- Experience within a similar position is preferred.
- Trained to British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers standard, or similar
- A 5-year checkable work history or back to school record
- To be able to observe and accurately record incidents as they occur.
- Be able to prioritise workloads and being flexible in the approach to varied tasks
Ward Security are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Ward Security is pleased to announce that it has become a Recognised Service Provider working alongside the Living Wage Foundation. The achievements means Ward Security and all its subsidiaries meet the standards set by Citizens UK and Centre for Civil Society for good practice by providers of personnel under contract.
|Role||Relief Dog Handler|
|Salary||£9.38 - £12.00 per hour|
|Shift Pattern||Various - Days, Nights & Weekends|
|Required||Manual Driving Licence|
|Experience||Proactive individual that is able to work in a team aswell as be able to work aloneExperience with working with dogs is preferred but not essential as training will be given.Applicants must be able to house a dog at home.|