Static Security Supervisor – Liverpool
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £8 per hour
Required Licences or Certifications: SIA and CCTV
Join our Team – Security Supervisor based in our Central Region in Alexandra Tower, Liverpool
Job Ref: 74
Are you an individual who can lead teams to deliver quality as the ‘norm’, has a passion for ensuring security is the No. 1 priority and has a proven track record of managing clients Key Performance Indicators and service levels ? If so, we want to hear from you.
We now have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference and join our team.
We particularly welcome female applicants and offer family friendly benefits and working arrangements, and those from an ethnic minority, to ensure these roles are fully represented – Ward Security – Winning with Equality.
What is the role?
Security Supervisor – Frontline SIA License required – no applications will be considered unless you hold a valid SIA License. All roles are subject vetting to a 5 year checkable history.
Where is it based?
In our Central Region based at our Alexandra Tower, Liverpool
What is the Package?
£8.00 per hour
Uniform, SIA Licensing savings scheme, 5.6 weeks annual leave, Child Care Vouchers, Pension and Life Assurance
Working in partnership with perkbox offering all employees a range of benefits ranging from retailer discounts, cinema tickets, wellness and gym membership and many other fantastic benefits for you to enjoy. *available after 6 months service
Monday- Friday, 60 hours per week.
Who we are:
Ward Security provides a security services solutions to all UK businesses. Security services include: CCTV security systems, property management, guard dog security, key holding services, security guard patrol services, response alarm systems and more.
With over 800 employees operating nationally we seek the best talent to uphold our vision to be the most trusted Security Partner in the UK.
Ward Security recruit, train and reward the very best staff, complemented by the latest technology and communications to ensure the highest levels of security and Client service.
Sounds like the role for me, how do I apply?
We will need a current CV to review and for you to apply using our online application form. Please commence your application online by clicking the link below and upload a current CV or send your CV quoting the job reference number to HR.Queries@ward-security.co.uk Your application can only be progressed once you have commenced an online application and have a Unique Applicant Reference Number.
To apply please CLICK HERE to complete our online application form.
Read about us @ www.ward-security.co.uk
What is the main purpose of the role?
The purpose of this role is to protect the clients’ business interests by the provision of a security presence in addressing issues dealing with fire, damage, theft and health and safety issues.
Responsible for all staff assigned to your site, and their welfare. To ensure their standard of work is that as expected by Ward Security Limited and the client.
- To ensure that all duties are carried out by you and your team in accordance with the site specific assignment instructions and in accordance with the client’s & Company’s wishes.
- To provide regular foot patrols within defined areas as an effective deterrent in the protection of the client’s property and assets.
- To effectively control the access to the client’s premises, examining documentation to ascertain the authenticity and authority to gain access.
- To provide monitoring functions to CCTV and alarm functions, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed. To be aware of the operation of those functions and to respond as required.
- When required to assist and escort visitors to their destinations within the clients complex.
- To submit detailed reports on discovery of issues relating to health and safety and crime to the relevant authority either verbally or in report form as required.
- In line with Company policy, carry out routine search procedures in sensitive manner to include vehicles, buildings and persons.
- To effectively deal with all incidents falling within the security remit. To effectively report all incidents to the relevant authority.
- To ensure that the building is locked/unlocked in a timely and efficient manner.
- To provide a point of contact and information centre to staff and visitors.
- To deal with the sorting/collecting of mail and that dealing with goods in/out is done in accordance with the site specific Assignment Instructions.
- To maintain a log of all visitors, incidents and any other records that may be required by the client.
- To maintain the client’s key safe to issue and record all movements of keys within the client’s premises.
- To identify suspicious persons and actions and report such circumstances.
- To undertake other related duties as may be required after consultation with the Regional Operations Manager or other appropriate Manager in line with the specific site requirements.
What experience and skills do I need?
- A current SIA Frontline License is essential – applicants will not be considered if you do not hold a valid license.
- Previous supervisory experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Excellent verbal and literacy skills for report writing
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly with people at all levels projecting a confident and professional manner.
- To be able to observe and accurately record incidents as they occur.
- Be able to prioritise workloads and be flexible in the approach to varied tasks.
Ward Security are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Ward Security is pleased to announce that it has become a Recognised Service Provider working alongside the Living Wage Foundation. The achievements means Ward Security and all its subsidiaries meet the standards set by Citizens UK and Centre for Civil Society for good practice by providers of personnel under contract.