Security Dog Handler – Kent
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,500 – £38,000
Hours: Ranging from £25,500 – £38,000 per annum
Required Licences or Certifications: SIA
Join our Team – Security Dog Handler- Relief – Job Ref SOU/CO/001 (43)
We are looking for flexible individuals who can work on their own initiative and be part of a team. If you have an SIA license, are passionate about security and safety, then please read on for our current Relief Security Dog Handler opportunities.
We have a number of vacancies across the South East.
What is the role?
Security Dog Handler– Frontline SIA License – no applications will be considered unless you hold a valid SIA License. All roles are subject vetting to a 5-year checkable history.
We require general purpose as well as Specialist Dog Handlers.
We particularly welcome female applicants and offer family friendly benefits and working arrangements, and those from an ethnic minority, to ensure these roles are fully represented – Ward Security – Winning with Equality.
Where is it based?
In our South Region at various sites across the South East.
We have a number of vacancies across South East, at a variety of sites.
What is the Package?
Salary expectation of between £25,500 – £38,000 per annum depending on site, shift pattern and level of experience.
The package offer includes-
Extensive Dog Training, Dog provided by Ward, Van, Fuel, Dog Food and Pet Insurance
Uniform, SIA Licensing savings scheme, 5.6 weeks annual leave, Childcare Vouchers, Pension and Life Assurance
Working in partnership with perkbox offering all employees a range of benefits ranging from retailer discounts, cinema tickets, wellness and gym membership and many other fantastic benefits for you to enjoy. *available after 6 months service
We have a variety of vacancies across various sites with a number of differing work patterns, including days, nights and weekends.
Who we are:
Ward Security provides a security services solutions to all UK businesses. Security services include: CCTV security systems, property management, guard dog security, key holding services, security guard patrol services, response alarm systems and more.
With over 800 employees operating nationally we seek the best talent to uphold our vision to be the most trusted Security Partner in the UK.
Ward Security recruit, train and reward the very best staff, complemented by the latest technology and communications to ensure the highest levels of security and Client service.
Sounds like the role for me, how do I apply?
To apply for this role simply CLICK HERE to complete our online application form attaching your CV to the application form
Read about us @ www.ward-security.co.uk
What is the main purpose of the role?
To carry out the effective and efficient procedure of the Company’s operations by means of operational interaction and direct liaison with supervisors and line managers. Ensure that all relevant standards, contractual obligations and health and safety issues are adhered to.
Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Be actively involved in the operational duties of the company ensuring that you are able to provide a comprehensive account of the actions taken by yourself and others at all times, always acting in a safe and professional manner.
- Under the direction of the Operations Director assist with the efficient and effective deployment of the resources available for the operation of the Company’s function.
- To ensure that the welfare of your dog is paramount at all times, all necessary grooming, feeding, vet nary care, socialisation and other requirements of a professional Security Dog Handler are adhered to during work hours as well as when off duty.
- To be responsible at all times for your dog and all associated behaviour/needs. Ensure that his/her behaviour is one of a professionally trained working dog, under no circumstance should behaviour such as intimidation, aggression etc. towards others be tolerated unless in strict accordance with your instructions.
- To provide regular patrols within defined areas an as effective deterrent in the protection of the client’s property and assets.
- To respond to requests for reactive ad-hoc patrols and/or security presence as and when required to do so by control, another officer or authorised person.
- Undertake assessments as part of a designated team, identify security compromises (actual or potential) and raise awareness amongst all Security Officers offering advice and guidance where appropriate.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate systems, including procedures and standards, to ensure production of appropriate reports relating to Company incidents, and other ad hoc reports as required by the Senior Management Team.
- Assist when required, the Operations Director in the development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures ensuring regularisation of internal systems related to security to produce a holistic and standardised approach.
- Advise the Operations Director on security related issues as required, ensuring interdepartmental interfacing where appropriate.
- Ensure that staff and where deemed necessary clients of the Company assist the Health & Safety Officer to ensure compliance with policies and regulations adhere to Health & Safety policies and regulations.
- To identify suspicious persons and actions and report such circumstances.
- Liase with the appropriate staff as necessary to ensure the effective use of Company resources to achieve its mission, to ensure the smooth and effective running of the company.
- Participate in the continuation of specialist training, enabling yourself as well as other key members of staff to be conversant with the required standards.
Any other duties that the Company may request from time to time that have not been included in the above.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
The essential qualities the post holder must possess are:
- Able to read and write coherent sentences to construct a legible report.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly with people at all levels projecting a confident and professional manner.
- Experience within a similar position is preferred.
- Trained to British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers standard, or similar
- A 5-year checkable work history or back to school record
- To be able to observe and accurately record incidents as they occur.
- Be able to prioritise workloads and being flexible in the approach to varied tasks
- Physically fit for the environment of the workplace.
- To be of smart appearance at all times whilst representing the company image.
- To be punctual in attendance.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
Ward Security are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Ward Security is pleased to announce that it has become a Recognised Service Provider working alongside the Living Wage Foundation. The achievements means Ward Security and all its subsidiaries meet the standards set by Citizens UK and Centre for Civil Society for good practice by providers of personnel under contract.