We are always mindful of our impact on the environment. We are committed to take all reasonable measures to minimise our impact by recognising and respecting compliance with environmental legislation, and cooperating with the various enforcing agencies to achieve this objective. We operate an effective management system to facilitate these commitments and account for environmental issues in our management decisions and actions in respect of prevention of pollution and sustainability.
We have achieved BS EN ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management Systems accreditation. We are fully committed to improving the environment and aim to achieve sustainable development to safeguard the environment for future generations.
SMART Environmental Objectives
- To maintain regulatory compliance
- To reduce CO2 emissions by 5% year-on-year (in proportion to annual total vehicle fleet mileage)
- To maintain electricity energy usage to the average usage over the previous three years (in proportion to the number of head office staff employed)
- To maintain paper and printer toner usage to the average usage over the previous three years (in proportion to the number of head office staff employed)
- To ensure that there is no significant adverse environmental impact caused by dog fouling
- To raise employee awareness of environmental issues throughout the company
Environmental Initiatives and Monitoring Results 2015-16
Our environmental performance improves year-on-year. Each year is measured and assessed. These are some highlights from 2015-2016. Improvements from previous years are available on request.
- Company Fleet CO2 emissions reduced by 21%
- The economy of the average miles per gallon of the entire fleet has increased by 8.2%
- Water consumption has decreased by 18%
- Electricity usage has decreased by 12.6%
- Paper usage has decreased by 20.8%
These improvements were achieved with a 19.7% increase in headcount.
For any queries, to report any issues, or to request a copy of our environment policy please email firstname.lastname@example.org